Friday, October 24, 2014

Two Things We Need to Do Before We Sleep

Today, I want to share a thought with you. It is something that I saw on Facebook few moments ago.

One of the best ways to relax and get a good sleep is to spend a few minutes each night thinking about the things you're really grateful for.


Who wouldn't want to sleep with a smile on face? Most of the time, it's during the moment when we are about to sleep that we often think about our day - the experiences,  the people with you, what you accomplished, what you missed, the problems you have. Unfortunately, most of us will dwell on the negatives of life. We always see the bad stuff and get blind by the blessings that we have. This always make us restless. Based on my own experiences, I had very tiring dreams - I'm running, escaping, trying to solve the problems in my dreams. I always woke up feeling exhausted. But that has changed already and I'm so thankful for that.

So at the end of the day, we should recall all the good things that happened to us - the blessings no matter how small it is, the great things we experienced, the lessons we learned - every little thing. If we start doing this, we can finally have a great, satisfying sleep and we can wake up tomorrow full of energy and peace.

The second thing that we should do is pray. I supposed an explanation for this is unnecessary. Whatever or whoever you believed in, a prayer can give you peace of mind, and at the same time, hope.

It's a challenge to maintain optimism everyday, but if we try to make it a habit, we will see ourselves smiling more often and conquering our problems with ease. We will feel happiness radiating from within ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Write your comment or message here.

Ads by Google