Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Jed's Island Resort Life Size Gundam Statue

Visit my newly created Gunpla blog at gunplagirldandiely.wordpress.com!

So recently, the life-size statue of RX-78-2 Gundam in Jed's Island Resort in Calumpit, Bulacan, Philippines went viral.

As a Gundam fan, I was among those people who criticized the deformed Gundam (I should admit, sorry). The statue have some markings on its shoulders "Jed's Resort" and "Jed's 02" and at some point, I think they really make the Gundam looked surreal because of copyright issues that may arise.

But I just can't believe they would do something like this. It's sad. Rx-78-2 shouldn't look like this.


UPDATE: MARCH 2, 2015

So I went to province last weekend only to be amazed by a few tarpaulin posters along the highway. I saw a couple of Jed's Island Resort's advertisements on top of some stores and I was so disappointed of myself because I wasn't able to took pictures of it.
But WAIT! As I get off from the bus, I was welcomed by another batch of the same poster! I immediately grabbed my phone and took some shots he he he!

Tadaaaaaaa! They featured the "REAL" appearance of RX-78-2 Gundam on their poster! But... but... looking at the pictures above, it seems like they wasn't able to replicate it. Oh, man. What if I first saw this poster, then decided to go to Jed's, only to be dismayed with the real appearance of the statue.

Oh well, I can't really blame them, it must be too expensive to create a life-size statue - especially if it is really detailed and proportioned.

I guess I really have to go to Odaiba, Japan just to see the "real" deal - the RX-78-2 life sized statue. Accurately measured, proportioned scale, bad-ass details, and all.

Jed's Island Resort Life Size Gundam Statue - tarpaulin poster / advertisement

If you are not in any way familiar with Gundam, take a look at the photo below. This is RX-78-2 and this is what it should look like.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Write your comment or message here.

Ads by Google