Thursday, March 17, 2016

4 Steps in Goal Setting

4 Steps in Goal Setting
I have been reading too many habits-of-successful-people articles these week, especially these two websites - BusinessInsider.com and Success.com, which reminded me about a year-old draft in this blog. Truth to be told, I couldn't remember where did I get this list (if it's a book, magazine, or some printed material), so I'd like to say that I don't take credit for this idea. I wrote this on a notebook before so I can use it when I plan my goals when I was in college. I attempted to share it as a blog post, but I almost forgot that it was there in my drafts. Well, better late than never, here's an effective goal setting steps I would like to (1) remind myself, and (2) share with you.
It's not enough to aim it, you must hit it.

1. What you want?

You should define your goals. Write it down and have a crystal clear idea of what you really want to achieve. You have to be constantly aware of your goals because it will motivate you to pursue them.
Ads by Google

2. Why do you want it?

Have a good reason or motive. Good goals are grounded on passion and personal conviction.

3. When do you want to achieve it?

Goals with deadlines are extremely powerful motivators. Create a "must-finish" list or timeline.

4. How are you going to achieve it?

Plan, strategy, and steps on how to get your goals from where you currently are. Goals should be clear and specific, realistic and achievable, growth-directed and personalized.

* * * *

Simple as that!

How about you? How do you plan and achieve your goals?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Write your comment or message here.

Ads by Google